You should get a business visa if you are planning a business trip to Germany. Citizens of many countries do not require a visa if they plan to stay up to 90 days. Your nationality determines whether you need a visa or not.
Required Documents for a German Business VISA:
- Fully completed application form & declaration duly signed
- Two passport photographs (strict requirements, see this page for details)
- Valid national passport
- 1 copy of your passport’s data page (A4 size copy)
- Your company bank statements from the previous three months
- Invitation letter from the business partner in Germany in English or German (For consultancy services: please provide a confirmation letter from the German client)
- Detailed schedule of your business meetings (ONLY for stays over 30 days)
- Confirmation letter from your health insurance stating coverage for emergency medical or hospitalization with a minimum of 30,000 Euros.
- Business references
- Company covering letter with entire travel plan (itinerary)
- Flight reservation, rail tickets, others. You can use the visa consultation services like this one or find one online.
- Proof of accommodation for your entire stay in the Schengen area.
- Certificate of Incorporation of the company
- Proof of civil status: Marriage certificate, birth certificate of children, death certificate of spouse, ration card if applicable
- Proof of financial status:
- If employed: Payslips of the past three months / employment contract
- If self-employed: Certificate of Proprietorship or other proof of ownership (proof of land title, proof of income from agriculture (sales form) etc.)
You will also need to provide photocopies of all these documents.
Where and how to apply?
You should apply at your home country’s German Embassy. First-time applicants have to submit the application form along with the required documents in person. Frequent travellers may submit their application and documents via an agent or a travel agency.
It is recommended you apply for a visa at least 3 weeks before your travel date to meet any processing delays.
Paying the visa
Applicants have to pay the visa fees by a bank transfer. Check’s or credit cards are not accepted. The money order must be in the name of the Consulate in your home country and not be older than two months. Cost of a visa as of 2008 is 60 Euro.
Please note the visa fees will not be reimbursed in case of the visa being rejected and the price is subject to change at any time.